In the middle of a long Baba’s convoy, which was travelling from Whitefielg to Madras, a car broke down and stopped, stopping all the other cars behind him. The car was removed from the road, and the passangers from the car were moved to other cars. The car owner stayed at his car, but he asked his friend to send him a mechanic who they would meet on their way. At noon, when the heat became ubearable, the man hid in the shadow of a tree. Then he noticed a man on a bike coming towards him, asking him: ‘May I help you? I’m a mechanic. The man lifted the car cover and noticed that the belt on the cooling system was broken. From his pocket he took out a new belt and put it on the cooling system. When the car owner asked him for the bill, he refused to take any money and continued to ride his bike and suddenly miraculously vanished. When the follower came in his car to Madras, he immediately visited Baba who told him: ‘So, your car broke down and that’s why I sent someone to help you.’

A plantation owner from Malnad suffered for thirty years from multi reumatic artritis. He came to Sai Baba’s hospital in Prasanthi Nilayam with a great fever and a damaged kindey and he said that only Baba could treat him, because no medicine had helped him till then. Baba said yes with mercy and with a swing of his hand he materialized a small bottle of liquid and ordered the patient to mix two drops of the liquid with a little water and drink it twice a day. In ten days the patient started walking again, and after a month he was completely healthy, singing bhajanas.

The forty-year-old Thangavelu from Bombay was ill with cancer of rectum. He visited many doctors, going even to Switzerland, but there was no help. When he heard of Sai Baba, he immediately went to Baba in Prasanthi Nilayam where the doctors gave him a medicine for easing the pains. In the night in his dreams he had a vision that Baba was operating on him. When he woke up in the morning he discovered the traces of blood on his body and his sleeping gown and was feeling very light. After a few days he went out of the hospital as a healthy man.

Professor Ghosh from Calcuta came to Prasanthi Nilayam where ha had a heart attack. Baba sent a doctor to the patient’s room to treat him. The doctor examined him and gave him some medicines and vibhuti which Baba had sent. A week passed by, but there was no improvement. One day the doctor found the patient healthy and happy. The patient told him: ‘Doctor, last night I couldn’t sleep so I was watching Baba’s picture on the wall. At once Baba came out of the picture, blessed me with vibhuti, touched my chest and went back into the photograph.’ After a few days Ghosh came back home completely healthy.

Sai Baba would sometimes question his students about the members of their family and advised them how to solve possible problems, and sometimes he created vibhuti for them to take to their family. The mother of the student Sandeepan from Calcutta had a brain tumor and doctors advised her an operation without which she wouldn’t live for very long. The student told Baba about it, who told him to bring his parents to Brindavan when he was there. When they came to Baba to talk, he created vibhuti for them from which the mother completely recovered.

The coroner Joseph from Bombay, a faithful Baba’s follower, issued a death certificate for a man who had drowned. However, after a month Joseph’s relatives started doubting that it was murder and asked for the exhumation and the medical examination of the corpse. When the team, with a police supervision, opened the coffin, they found the body completely fresh as if it had been buried the same day. On examining the body, the doctor stated that there were no injuries on it, which meant that he had really drowned. When they came out of the cemetry, Joseph thought, how could the body have stayed fresh after such a long time? He immediately came back to the cemetry to look at the body one more time before it was covered with soil. He was astonished when he saw the body in complete decomposition. On coming back home, his wife told him that she had seen Baba waving with a fish in his hand. The next day he went to Baba with his wife to Prasanthi Nilayan to thank him. Baba answered: ‘Yes, I made the body look so fresh so that it could be examined, because in the other case you would have found yourself in a big trouble.’

Dr. Narendranath Reddy was studying medicine in India, but because of his ambitions with money he emigrated to America in 1972 and started working as a doctor in California. As his parents were religious, Reddy also started reading books about Sai Baba. In 1981 he visited Sai Baba with his family in Prasanthi Nilayam and since then he became his follower. Here is one of the many examples how Sai Baba helped him, because Reddy was always full of love and sympathy towards his patients. One day Gina Pellogrillo came to him to the hospital, the wife of the mayor in Arcadi, because of the problems with gallstones. Reddy recommended an operation and a surgeon who would operate on her with laser. After the operation the surgeon told her that she could go back home, but she was feeling strong pains. She told Reddy about it and he advised her to stay in the hospital so that the surgeon could examine her case. When the surgeon opened her abdomen, he stated that during the operation an inner organ was damaged, which caused a strong infection. Gina had a heart attack and fell into a coma. Reddy was very worried and asked Sai Baba to save her. When Reddy had to go on a business trip for two weeks he asked an andocrinologist to take care of Gina. When he came back from the business trip, he immediately went to the hospital an found Gina on the way of a miraculous recovery. When she was going out of the hospital healthy, she told Reddy: ‘I am very thankful because your prayers have saved me.’

Mrs Indri Devi from California was a great Baba’s follower and often visited him. On one occasion he materialized for her with a swing of his hand a beautiful necklace made of 108 pearls and a luxurious ring with a precious stone with which she wasn’t satisfied. When she came to Baba the next time, he immediately asked her to give him back the ring. Holding the ring in his hand, he blew into it an it turned into a new ring with a shiny diamond which he gave back to Indri Devi, to her great pleasure.

At the end of 1985, the student Narayana Sharma from Baba’s university in Prasanthi Nilayam was brought to hospital in the state of collapse because of the acute attack of asthma. While the doctors were putting an oxygen mask the patient stopped breathing, and his body turned blue. The head of the hospital dr. Chari went to Baba and told him that the young man had died, because his heart had stopped beating. Baba kept persuading him: ‘The young man will be better and there is no need to worry.’ He gave him a thermos bottle with hot coffee and the instruction: ‘Give him coffee, swallow by swallow.’ After 15 minutes he came back to the hospital with two small parcels of vibhuti which should be rubbed into the patient’s chest, according to Baba’s instructions. The same way on the patient’s back bags with hot water should be kept. While the doctors were looking at the dead body, they were asking each other: ‘How can a dead man drink coffee?’ However, at the order of the head of the hospital they rubbed vibhuti into the young man’s chest and put the bags with hot water under the young man’s back and to the great surprise of all the present people, a a finger of the young man’s foot moved. Doctor Shanta whispered to the young man’s ear:’ Svami is sending you coffee, so I am asking you to drink it.’ Giving him the first spoon of coffee, to the surprise and delight of the present people, the young man swallowed it little by little. Soon Baba came into the room and the young man immediately opened his eyes, hearing Baba teasing him: ‘You are still alive, and everybody said that you were dead!’ Baba swang his hand in which a brown piece of chocolate appeared and put it into the young man’s mouth, who ate it. Leaving the room, Baba said: ‘It is the truth that he died, but I gave him a new life.’ One of the doctors said then to Baba: ‘Baba, you are God and you can do anything!’ After a few days Baba sent three boxes of pills into the hospital which he had materialized and he asked that the young man should take them every day. The patient was better and better every day and soon he was released from hospital. Sai Baba said many times: ‘Leaning on God’s mercy is the best medicine for every disease. Have trust in God, not in drugs.’

In the middle of September 1986 at a seminar for professors and students, Baba made a comprehensive speech about Indian customs and human values in modern busines as well as in human communication. At the end of the seminar Baba swang his hand and created a golden locket surrounded by precious stones of different colours and with Baba’s image in the middle. He let everyone take it into their hands and look at it closely. When the locket was given back to him, he put it on the table and covered it with a handkirchief. When he lifted the handkierchief, the locklet had disappeared. He looked at the astonished students and professors and said ‘I can do anything with my will.’ The next day Baba took professors and students to a nearby village where he had opened a new hall and a temple. Here a crowd of people was waiting for him. When he came near to the podium, he swang his hand and created nine jewels and put them on a place near the statues which caused a great delight and happiness of the present people.

Isaac Tigrett lived his youth a little dissolutely, but he always had love for holy people in his heart. Aready at the age of 22 he opened a restaurant in London. He heard of Sai Baba and in 1974 he came to Puttaparthi where he got the first blessing (daršan) from Baba. In the reception room there were many people, but Baba first went to Tigrett. When he came to him smiling, he materialized a little vibhuti and said: ‘At last you have come, I’ve been waiting for you. You and I are od friends, and we have a lot of business to do together.’ Although he came at least three times a year, Baba never received him. However, Baba’s mercy came to him plentifully. His financial success was fantastic because he was opening restaurants in all the major world cities, and the number of his staff grew up to thousands. Tigrett ran his company honestly and with love, always taking care of his employees. Twice he was saved by Baba from a certain death. The first time it happened in California when Tigrett drove his car too fast and fell asleep and fell into an abyss 90 metres deep. When the car fell into the abyss, next to him in the car Baba appeared and put his hand around his neck and held him tightly. The car smashed into pieces, and Tigrett was left uninjured. The second time in a hotel room in Denver, the state of Colorado, he took too much drugs and got and epileptic attack. He fell onto the floor an swallowed his own tongue and came to a standstill. Then, as if in a dream, he heard Baba’s voice: ‘Your time isn’t now.’ Baba lifted his body from the floor an put him on the bed. He pulled his tongue out of his throat and put his hands on his chest, after which Tigrett came out of the coma. Thanks to Baba he soon got rid of drugs. In 1989 Tigrett sold his world famous company Hard Rock Cafe for a fabulous price. A part of money he donated for the complete equipment of the Super specialist hospital in Puttaparthi an came to Baba to serve him. He was the first of the four followers who on his 66th birthday took the gift of love in the shape of a silver dish for flowers from Sai Baba’s hand.

John Behner, the menager of a multinational company in El Salvador was a great Baba’s follower and often visited Baba with his family in Prasanthi Nilayam. In February 1989 he came for three weeks to Baba to schedule the opening of the Sai centre in El Salvadore. Two days before his departure he called the airline company to confirm his reservation, but he was told that his name was not on the list of passengers. He told Baba about it, and he told him: ‘Don’t worry, Svami will tell ylu when you should come.’ Baba let Behner follow him everywhere, but he never said anything about his going home. Behner then called the general management of his company in New York and said that he couldn’t come to work for a few more days. Days went by and in the middle of May he got a message from New York that he should not come to work, because he wasn’t employed there any more. When he told Baba about it, he told him: ‘Don’t worry.’ After three months Baba let him go back home to El Salvador. He went to the management of the company to take his work record card, but there they welcomed him heartily. His boss said: ‘We have analysed your situation and decided to raise your salary for 25%. Your last trip to India will be considered as a payed vacation.’ Behner was astonished, but he felt great gratitude towards Sai Baba. Then his company had only 25 employees, but in a few years the business grew bigger, and the number of employees grew to 300. Behner took care of his employees with greatest attention and love, as of his own children. In his house he had Sai Baba’s centre, and on the walls and offices of the company he put Baba’s pictures. He often went on his own or with his family to Baba in India to thank him for all his mercies. When he was retiring, his employees built a beautiful fountain in the garden of his house with a statue of Baba.

The successful business James Sinclair from America was always graced with moral and honesty, but he was never happy. Sinclair had left several companies where the head people were dishonest and greedy. On night in the corridor he noticed a man in an orange dress and shaggy hair, but he disappeared in a second. When he started with a meditation in his room he noticed him again. He kneeled in front of him and touched his feet. When he looked up he wasn’t there any more. After that Sinclair decided to examine, if there is such a man on this world. One day he was talking to a librarian who told him that there was such a man in India called Sai Baba, about whom several books had been written. Sinclair got interested in him and after a few months he went to Baba in India. After a while Baba received him and said: ‘I have come to you twice. I have given you everything, but you have never been happy. Will you now do something for Svami?’ ‘Yes Svami, whatever you want.’, answered Sinclair. ‘Be happy.’, Baba ended this conversation. Since that day Sinclair asked from his employees, too, moral honesty, and that means not to lie, not to steal, not to cheat and not to be greedy. The main goal of the company should be to earn money honestly and to serve people. He converted a business room into a room for meditaton of his employees, where they would sit in silence and think and relax completely, which would influence the spirituality of every individual. One day he heard an inner voice that the gold market was in decay and through day and night the shares of his company were sold at the price of gold from 887 dollars per ounce. The next day the price of gold zoomingly fell to 150 dollars per ounce. Sinclair came a few times to Sai Baba in India. He says that in Baba’s mercy he discovered that the spirituality of each man should be before the earning of money and possessing the assets, because everything is transitory, but the soul stays forever. Once Baba asked him to speak to his students. Among other things, Sinclair said: ‘I am a materially rich man, but even more so spiritually. He took out a handkirchief out of his pocket and said: ‘This handkirchief is my most precious possession which Sai Baba has given to me.’

Kutumba Rao, a clerk at the court in Madakasiri came with his wife for the first time to Sai Baba in 1957 and immediately became Baba’s follower. He often came to Puttaparthi with his wife and took part in Baba’s rituals. Baba often travelled through India and spread God’s mission. One day he came with a few of his followers to Rao’s house in Nandyal. During the singing of holy songs (bhajanas), Rao gave Baba a wreath of fresh roses from which Baba made a heap of petals. After that he materialized a silver dish out of this heap in which there was nectar (a scented drink of immortality) and a small spoon. Baba gave a little nectar with the spoon to all the present people. In 1966 Rao came to Baba with a few of his followers to get his blessing for founding Sri Sathyia, Sai Baba’s organisation in their place. The followers wanted Rao to be the president of this company, but Baba told Rao: ‘You have another role in my mission.’ A year later, while his wife went to Baba in Prasanthi Nilayam, Baba appeared in his dream and told him: ‘Resign from your job and come to Prasanthi Nilayam.’ The next day Baba invited Rao’s wife for a talk and told her that he had come into her husband’s dream. When the wife came back home, her parent were against Rao’s going to Baba into ašram because he had a great career in front of him. However, when he came to Baba the next time, he blessed him and asked him to resign his job at court and come with his wife to him to Prasanthi Nilayam where he would later take over the place of the secretary in the Central Sri Sathya Sai organization. The married couple spiritually recovered here in Prasanthi Nilayam, serving the divine man. In 1980, during the birthday celebrations at the stadium Vidiyagiri, where thousands of poor people are fed and given clothes, Rao drove in his jeep to the canteen to bring some of the food. While they were loading a bowl of hot sambar, it turned over and the hot dish poured out on Rao’s feet. He was immediately driven to hospital where they worked on his burns and bandaged them. When Baba saw him later, he said: ‘Nothing has happened to your feet.’ Rao’s wife was terrified when she saw his legs. In the morning, the next day, the wife unfolded the bandages to see how big the burns were, but she was greatly surprised when she saw that his feet were completely healthy. Kutumba Rao died on 27th March 1989. A few hours before Rao’s death, Baba told some of the employees: ‘Today is a special day, very favourable for Kutumba Rao to leave this world.’

Shishir Kumar Bose made a speech on Baba’s demand on 20th October 1988 in front of the broad audience in Prasanthi Nilayam. After the speech he sat on the stage where there were som other important guests. He had had a high temperature for two days. During Baba’s speech he was very sick and he fell on the floor unconscious. Two doctors immediately ran to Bose and established that he had stopped breathing. Sai Baba stopped his speech and went towards the dead Bose, making moves with both his hands. The doctors informed him that Bose was dead. Baba bowed and lifted his shoulder with his right arm and said: ‘Bose, get up!’ Bose slowly started to open his eyes, and on his face appeared a smile as soon as he saw Baba. Baba tapped him on his left shoulder and ordered him: ‘Get up!’ Without anybody’s help Bose slowly got up, to the astonishment and surprise of all the present people. Baba told him again: ‘Go to the end of the stage and sit down next to the window where you will have some fresh air.’

Mister Jumsai was born in Bangkok at the beginning of World War II. His parents’ house was situated in the military area of Bangkok. Japanese armee occupied Thailand and bombed all the military points in the town. One morning somebody knocked on their door. The mother opened the door and saw a monk in orange clothes who gave her a small parcel of fine powder and ordered her to strew it over the roof of the house which would be protected from bombing. After a few days this area was heavily bombed, when all the buildings were knocked down, except theirs which remained intact. After the first years Jumsai went to school to Bangkok, and then he went with his parents to France where his father was working for UNESCO in Paris. Here Jumsai continued his education, but he was very inobedient. He didn’t want to learn so he was the worst in class. One night he was woken up from his sleep by a strong voice which said three times: ‘Art-Ong (why are you doing this?’) At the same time strong light appeared in the room so he got scared. However, when the same thing happened three nights in a row, he was scared even more and decided to change. He started meditating and studying holy texts, which helped him to change and start learning. Soon he was the first in class in learning. He started winning the highest awards at all the competitions, starting with music, art or science. After the end of his education in England, he came back to Thailand and became a scientist, an engineer, a businessman and the member of parliament. He read a lot about holy people in India and searched for his guru. It came true for him when a friend asked him if he would like to see Sri Sathya Sai Baba. He immediately felt a wave of energy in his body and at the end of 1982 he went with his mother to Baba in India where in Prasanthi Nilayam they were celebrating Baba’s 56th birthday. Here he discovered his divine teacher in Sai Baba. Four months later he returned to Prasanthi Nilayam where Baba invited a group of followers from Thailand for a talk. Here Jumsai carefully followed Baba’s hand which with one swing first created vibhuti, then a wrist watch and his visit cards with a photo for all the followers in the room. Jumsai was even here thinking about his participation in politics and about the health of the king of Thailand. Then Baba told the group of followers: ‘You are very happy to have a king who makes real human values. Don’t worry, because I will take care of him.’ Then Baba turned to Jumsai and said: ‘The member of parliament. You can participate in politics because you have my blessings.’ On coming back home, Jumsai was chosen for a secretary of Sri Sathyia Sai organization. Soon there were many Sri Sathya Sai organizations opened throughout Thailand. Jumsai went around schools and universities with his partners and spoke to pupils, students and professors about Sai Baba and his divine teaching. During an international conference in Prasanthi Nilayam, Baba spoke a lot with delegates. Baba looked Jumsai in the eyes and said: ‘In this life you spend your time in the upbringing of children which is enough that you don’t have to do anything else. I will take care of all your needs, and if you have a job, I will take care of it and you don’t have to take care of anything.’ Then Jumsai decided to devote the rest of his life to the upbringing of children. In Thailand in a short time over 15,000 teacher completed a course about upbringing and human values. Jumsai started a motion in Thai parliament for voting for the law about a new education programme in which the main goal was the right behaviour and the upbringing of human values in each man. Jumsai also ran a small business because he had a small factory in the suburb of Bangkok, where burglaries and thefts were frequent. Because of that Jumsai employed a night guard who often fell asleep at work. One night a man woke him up from his sleep, telling him: ‘Do your duty well.’ The night guard woke up and saw the man leave. The same thing happened four nights in a row and the guard got scared and decided to do his job well in the future. The next day he came to Jumsai’s office and confessed everything. When he noticed Baba’s picture on the wall he got very scared, saying: ‘This is the man who woke me up.’ With time Jumsai became a successful businessman who did three different jobs but soon he lost everything and had big financial difficulties. He felt helpless and depressive and inside he prayed to Baba to help him. One day he got a telegram from Baba to come to Prasanthi Nilayam and make a speech in front of 3,000 pedagogues and teachers about human values. He bought the cheapest return ticket and went to Baba in India. Whe he finished his speech, he got a notice that he should come to the verandah where he would speak to Baba. He was happy because he got a chance to tell Baba about his problems but Baba spoke before him: ‘I know everything. You’ve lost your jobs and you are in a difficult financial state, but be happy because I only wanted to test you.’ Jumsai complained to Baba that he had a return ticket and that he had to go back to Bangkok the next day, but Baba told him: ‘Don’t go.’ The next day Baba invited him to himself where he introduced him to the minister and some other followers. After a profuse lunch Baba saw his guests out and told Jumsai: ‘Now you can leave because I booked you a taxi to Bangalore. In the taxi he was looking at the watch all the time because he was sure he would be late. When he arrived at the airport, his flight was late and he was the last to come into the plane. When he came to the airport Bombay, a clerk told him that somebody phoned in that an important person is coming from Bangalore and had to arrive in time for the flight for Bangkok. Because of that the flight for Bangkok was delayed for three hours. After a few days Jumsai got a few good business offers and his financial state improved thorughly, for which should be thanked to Sai Baba the Divine Man.

The pshychotherapist Phyllis Krystal from Los Angeles, in California, told many times to her patients and students that they had to lean on God who is in every man if they want to find love and happiness. She looked for a spiritual teacher who would lead her in life. In the town library she found a book on Sai Baba, which she read the same evening and wanted to see Sai Baba. In January 1973 she travelled to India with her husband and in Bangalore she finally saw Baba when he came out of his ašram in Brindavan and slowly started to walk between the rows of men and women who were sitting. He went by Krystal not even looking at her. She thought to herself immediately that he was her spiritual leader. However, Baba turned around and went back and stopped smiling in front of Krystal, saying: ‘So, you’ve come?’ After a few days Baba invited the married couple for a talk. When Baba asked the husband Sidney what he wanted, he told him he wanted him to help his wife to get rid of her headache. Then he materialized Vibhuti which was to be mixed with water and milk ank keep this mixture for three days in front of her nose in the morning. Then he swang his hand and materialized a pendant with his picture which would help stop the headache. During the second conversation he materialized a silver ring with a shiny stone for the wife Phyllis and said: ‘When you start getting a headache, touch your forehead with your finger.’ After a few days Phyllis Krystal realized that Baba is God in human form. A year later when the married couple Krystal was coming back to London from Baba, they had an accident which, thanks to Baba, ended well. Their plane took off from Bombay on 3rd March 1974 and on the way to London first landed in Bahrain, and then in Beirut where two kidnappers came into the plane. After an hour the kidnappers informed the crew and the passengers that the plane was hijacked. There was fear and silence in the plane. The kidnappers had automatic rifles and guns. They ordered a passenger to collect the passports, and then they were taking away travelling bags which they emptied and refilled with dynimite and set them up on a few places in the plane. A great fear overcame the passengers and there was ominous silence because they were sure that those were the last moments of their lives. Phyllis started praying silently and calling for Baba to help them. Soon the hijacker who was smashing bottles cut himself heavily on the glass and his hand started bleeding. He took out a tissue to stop the bleeding, but he didn’t succeed. The he became very nervous, and his hands started to tremble, so he carried his nervousness over to another hijacker. The goal of the hijackers was to land in Athens and demand the liberation of two former terrorists. As they didn’t get the permission to land in Athens, the plane continued its flight to Amsterdam. As in the plane the fuel became scarce, the airport in Amsterdam hardly allowed the plane to land on a far-away part of the runway. Then the hijackers ordered the passengers to come out of the plane immediately, before they set it on fire. The married couple Krystal soon boarded the plane in London and from the air they saw the plane burning, where they had been a short while ago. When the next time Phyillis came to Baba to thank him, he interrupted her saying: ‘Yes, I know, because I heard your voice calling out to me.’ Phyllis Krystal wrote a book, which was encouraged and inspired by Sai Baba in 1990. She was thinking of writing another one, but she didn’t know how to name it. When she came to Sai Baba, he smiled and said: ‘Svami will take care of the title.’ He swang his hand and created a silver pen filled with ink and mounted with gold and greenish-blue enamel. Then he said: ‘It will be called The Book about Pen.’

Dr. Michael Goldstein and his wife Gloria, as faithful Baba’s follower, were at Baba’s in Prasanthi Nilayam during August 1986. Dr. Goldstein was at this time a member of the World Council of Sathya Sai organisation. When Baba went to supervise the drama rehearsals of his students in the Institute of the campus he called Goldstein to join him. While they were coming back by car to Baba’s residence, Baba suddenly said: ‘Goldstein, this is your last chance to drive with Svami.’ However, Goldstein was surprised, but he asked Baba: ‘Svami, you have already given me the permission to take part in your birthday celebrations in November, so I humbly ask you for this chance.’ Baba closed his eyes for a short time and said: ‘Yes, you will be at the birthday celebrations. The next day he invited them to himself and asked them to postpone their departure for one day, saying: ‘The mind is the key, and the heart is the lock. You turn the key towards God, and in your mind there appear freedom from constraint and peace.’ Their scheduled flight from Bombay to America was on 5th September 1986. Although Baba had been promised that his flight would be delayed for a day, they didn’t listen to him, but set off from Bombay by Pan American plane 5th September. In the plane there was terror when in Karachi in Pakistan the terrorists hijacked the plane. Goldstein and his wife managed to escape from the plane uninjured. When Goldstein came to Baba in November to thank him and take part in his birthday celebrations, Baba said: ‘You didn’t listen to me to delay your flight for only one day, and I saw terrorists kill people in the plane. When you asked me to come here for my birthday, I changed your faith and saved you because of your prayers.’ .

When atheists turn to God, they are the most reliable among the believers. One such atheist was the writer Ramana Rao who made fun of every believer. The first time he saw Baba by chance was while hie was coming back home by scooter. On the road in front of a bungalow a crowd of people stopped the traffic so Ramana Rao had to stop and wait for people to break up. After a short while Sai Baba came out of the bungalow with his host. The people greeted him and clapped, which Rao also did unconsciously. Some time passed by and he forgot about this event. One morning he met a friend who invited him to go together to Sai Baba in Puttaparthi, but Rao refused. However, the friend was persistant and finally persuaded him, but under the condition that he didn’t give him any lectures against smoking, drugs, drink and playing cards. His friend agreed to everything and they were soon at Baba’s in Prasanthi Nilayam. Baba called some followers into his room for a talk and materialized vibhuti, a ring, a locket or some other decoration for them, but he ignored Rao and his friend. Rao was unsatisfied and persuaded his friend to go back home on the fourth day. However, that night Rao couldn’t sleep because of a great headache so he went to the statue of Ganeša and silently called out to Baba: ‘Baba, I heard about your miraculous powers. I will bow in front of you and smear these ashes over my forehead, if my headache disappears. You are God, and otherwise you are a fraud.’ He kneeled in front of the statue from which he took a little ashes an put it on his forehead. He went back to bed and soon fell asleep. On the fourth morning both friends were sitting in front of mandir at the last Baba’s blessing (daršan) before going home. This time Baba didn’t even look at them again. After daršan they rented a vehicle and wanted to leave, but at this moment a student came and said that Baba was calling them to himself. They immediately ran after the student who took them to Baba’s room on the first floor. Baba welcomed them with a smile and told them to sit down. He turned to Rao and said: ‘Hey you grumbler, how is your headache? You have struggled with it for more than an hour.’ Rao was astonished, thinking in himself, how does Baba know it? As a sign of respect he touched his feet and confirmed: ‘Yes, the headache has disappeared, Svami.’ Rao’s friend started explaining to Baba: Svami, he sees you for the first time. But Baba interrupted him immediately, saying: ‘This is his second time, because the first time he saw me in front of a bungalow in Hyderabad.’ Baba swang his right hand and created prasada (grained beans the colour of wheat) saying: ‘Take this blessed food and eat it.’ This was the beginning of the change of the atheist Ramana Rao who often went to Sai Baba and always witnessed his many miracles. On one occasion he brought his father who respected Venkataraman. Baba materialized for his father with a swing of his hand a golden talisman and said: ‘I have made your wish come true, because you were very sad when you lost your talisman as a gift from your father.’ Ramani Rao found his spiritual teacher an all his bad habits disappeared forever. He was elected the president of Sathya Sai organization for the state of Andhra Pradesh. He was a member of the national committe for the village development for ten years, and after that he was set as a coordinator for the whole of India.

Sri Narayana Kasturi was born in 1897. He came to Sai Baba for the first time in 1948 and since then he has become his follower. He worked at the university in Mysore but in 1954 he resigned and after a talk with Sai Baba he accepted the post of the editor of the All-Indian radio in Bangalore. Kasturi was very talented for writing and making speeches. When he finished his short mission at the All-Indian radio in Bangalore, he moved to Sai Baba to Prasanthi Nilayam where he found his life fulfilment in serving him with his soul and his heart. First he was the post office manager and the editor of the monthly magazine Sanathan Sarathi in which he wrote a lot about Sai Baba and his teaching. He wrote several books about Sai Baba, but the most famous was ‘The Truth Goodness Beauty’ which describes Baba’s life. Among many Baba’s miracles which were described in his book, he recalls an event in Masulipatama when Baba went into the sea and was seen riding on the back of a sea snake, and when he came out to the shore his clothes were completely dry. For full 33 years Kasturi was in Baba’s divine presence and served him selflessly, ennobling his own life. He calculated that until 1970 Baba had created about five tons of holy ashes (vibhuti). At the end of his autobiography, which came out in 1982, Kasturi wrote: ‘I have to congratulate myself on having a good education. Now I am waiting to get my final report, i.e. to be able to jump into a warm lap of the divine Sathya Sai Baba and to finally rest in him.’ The moment he was longing for came on 14th August 1987 when he was lying in hospital almost without consciousness, waiting for death. Around noon Baba came to his bed and called to him in his divine voice: ‘Kasturi’! He immediately opened his eyes looking at his beloved God, and a blessed smile lighted up his face. Baba materialized vibhuti for him, putting a little of it into his mouth, and the rest he have to this daughter. Then he told him with a lot of love: ‘Don’t think about the past or anything else, think only of me.’ Kasturi closed his eyes and after an hour he died.

Isaac Tigreet and Sai Baba

Isaac Tigreet and Sai Baba

Sai Baba and Krystal Phyllis

Sai Baba and Krystal Phyllis

Narayana Kasturi and Sai Baba

Narayana Kasturi and Sai Baba

Several month before the knocking down of Berlin wall Sai Baba welcomed four Soviet delegates. At the end of the conversation, which lasted for forty minutes, Baba created a sealed book for the president Gorbačov with a swing of his hand. The book was given to Gorbačov, after which Berlin wall was knocked down, and the Soviet Union divided into today’s states in a peaceful way. In Moscow Sai Baba’s centre was opened, whose member was also Gorbačov’s wife.

Sai Baba often told his followers: ‘When the world comes to the edge of an abyss, avatar comes to change the human heart. Respect the differences between religions because they all lead towards one God, who in individual regions has his name. The christians call him God and their symbol is the cross, the moslems call him Alah and their symbol is half-moon and a star, the hindus call him Kršna and their symbol is OM or pranavu, and in budism the symbol of faith is a wheel, the Jews call him Jahve, the Indians Manitu etc. To divide people because of their religion is an evil deed against the humanity. Have respect to God and every living being.’

At the end of December 1991 Walter an Elsie Cowan from California, as long-year Baba’s followers, came to Baba in Chennai. On Christmas itself Walter had a heart attack and he was urgently taken to hospital where doctors stated his death. His wife Elsie prayed to Baba with a wish to save her husband, saying at the end of the prayer: ‘Let it be your will.’ When Elsie came to hospital with her friend Ratan Lal the doctors said that he had died of a heart attack and pneumonia and that his body was in the mortuary. When Elsie entered the mortuary, she found her husband unwrapping corpse clothes. Elsie and the doctors were astonished, seeing that the dead man was standing up and talking to them. Later Baba said: I heard Mrs Cowan call me, so I immediately stopped talking to my followers and went to hospital and did everything that was needed with Walter.’

At the beginning of the nineties the followers from Iran started coming to Sai Baba. Among them a five-member family especially stood out (parents and thre daughters). On one occasion only the father came to Baba, so Baba asked him: ‘Where are your wife and daughters?’ ‘They are on the pilgrimage in Meka.’ – answered the father. ‘Would you like to go to Meka?’ – asked Baba. The man didn’t manage to answer because at the same moment he disappeared, and Baba continued talking to his other followers. At the end of the conversation the Iranian was on his old place again, which was a great surprise for other followers. Baba spoketo the Iranian with a big smile: ‘How was it’? ‘Excellent, but my wife and daughters thank you from their hearts on my three-day stay.’ When they came out of Baba’s room, the followers asked the Iranian to prove them somehow his stay in Meka. The man took out from his pocket his hotel bill from Meka on which the dates could be seen.

On one occasion a group of followers from Europe came to Baba in Prashanthi Nilayam. During his daršan (blessing), Baba went through the rows of his followers and asked some of them about their wishes. He also stopped at one of the followers from Switzerland who came to Baba for the first time and asked him: ‘What do you want’? ‘I want a designer Swiss watch.’ – answered the man. Baba swang his hand and on his palm there was the demanded watch with a receipt from a Swiss shop. The man was astonished and the next day he went back to Switzerland by plane where he found the shop. On showing the watch and the receipt to the shop assistant, he asked him who had bought it. The shop assistant answered that three days before a man with exuberant hair had come and had bought that wathc at the same time when Baba had given it to the follower from Switzerland.

At the middle of the nineties a bigger number of the followers from Argentina came to Sai Baba. After the conversation, Baba asked each of them what they wanted. Some of them asked for something to remember or to be close to Baba, only Pedro asked Baba to go back to his wife to Buenos Aires urgently. After the unsuccessful persuasion, Baba raised his hand, and on the wall of his room there appeared first the picture of South America, then Argentina and Buenos Aires, as if it was a sattelite picture on the internet. ‘Is this your city’? asked Baba. Yes, nodded the man. ‘Is this your street?’ Yes, Pedro nodded again. ‘What are you waiting for, come in.’, ordered Baba. Pedro came close to the wall, took the picture of the door-handle with his hand, and the painted door opened and he went in and vanished from the room. All the present followers were astonished and they went out of Baba’s room stunned. The same day somebody of the followers phoned the house of Pedro from Buenos Aires. Pedro answered the phone, saying, that he appeared in front of his surprised wife in white Indian clothes and barefoot. On my wife’s asking him ‘Where have you come from like that’ I answered: ‘From Svami’ room.’

The students noticed that Baba’s hair started to grow grey. When they informed Baba about it, he only shook his head an his hair would immediately become black, and it would stay like that until his death.

From 1989 to 2001 Baba materialized various objects for Ljubica Ljubić and her son Velimir from Zagreb and he has been leading them successfully through their lives. As a great Baba’s follower, Ljubica Ljubić wrote two books dedicated to Sai Baba.

During 1991 Sai Baba said: ‘My period o planning is for 16 years’

from 1st – 16th year divine games are planned (lila)

from 17th – 32nd year miracles are planned (mahima)

from 33rd – 48th year the teaching of spiritual truths is planned (upadeša)

from 49th – 64th year the upbringing and education are planned (vidya)

from 65th – 80th year health and hygiene are planned

from 81st – 96th year the new awakening of eternal religion is planned (sanatana)

Consequently, Sai Baba is going to leave his body at the end of 2021 or in 2022.

In this book 140 Baba’s miracles are discribed from his early youth to 1991.However, Baba continued with his Divine miracles until 2006, when he limited his work, because only once a day he came to his many followers in his wheelchair, giving them his darshan and creating in them the eternal religion about the presence of God.

Baba’s divine work was recognized by people all around the world, and the winds of change, which started to blow in the small Indian village of Puttaparthi since 1926, came to the present day to all the countries of the world and help people to, with the help of spirituality (love, peace, and respect toward God and man), free themselves of the chains of materialism, they live and work honestly and help poor people and socially challanged people.